External Armor Carriers
Cowell Tactical external armor carriers are custom made to your specifications, size, pocket configuration, color, and identification. We work closely with our customers when designing their equipment pockets and layout, making sure vital gear is efficiently organized and easily accessed. Click here to download the external armor carrier design template.
- Armor Carrier body designed for your fit and comfort
- Clean, uniform appearance
- Customized for your equipment and specifications
- Manufactured in the USA with the highest quality materials
The external armor carrier body is constructed from 1000 denier Cordura nylon. This durable fabric resists tears, scuffs, and abrasions, and is easy to clean and care for. The vests body is lined with breathable anti-microbial spacer mesh which allows the armor panels to air out between shifts.
The external armor carrier includes an inside sleeve that will accommodate rifle and trauma plates in the front and back of the vest. The padded shoulders and Velcroed side closure are adjustable, and our buckled fight strap provides added security while wearing the carrier.
Click to expand.
- Orders are initiated by:
- Emailing us your completed design template. (Templates)
- Mailing tracings of your ballistic armor panels. (See below for sizing instructions)
- Design will be reviewed, and we will email confirmation of receipt of order.
- We will email a quote based on your design.
- Production and delivery:
- We are approximately 16 weeks out on delivery of external carriers. For 15 or more vests there may be a longer delivery time frame.
- When your carrier goes into production we will contact you to finalize design and order details.
- Your carrier should ship within 2 weeks once production is started.
- You will receive a UPS tracking number when your order ships.
- We accept personal checks, credit cards, and PayPal.
- Departments will be invoiced with 30 day terms when their order ships.
|External Carrier Pricing|
|Carrier with sewn on pockets [email protected]||367.50|
|Carrier with full MOLLE front [email protected]||384.50|
|Carrier with MOLLE below chest pockets [email protected]||384.50|
|Pistol magazine with flap, double||39.00||44.00|
|Pistol magazine with flap, single||19.50||24.50|
|Pistol magazine open top, double||47.00||52.00|
|Pistol magazine open top, single||23.50||28.50|
|Handcuff, single or double||19.50||26.50|
|Rifle magazine, 20 or 30 round||19.50||27.50|
|Rear ID 4×11″||12.50|
|Front ID 2×5″||9.50|
|Name Tape 1×5″||7.50|
Chest without armor – measure at the widest part of your chest.
Stomach without armor – about an inch above your navel, this measurement is for the Velcro strap that secures the back of the vest to your body.
Chest with armor – measure at the widest part of your chest while wearing your armor.
Stomach with armor – measure around the bottom of your armor while wearing your armor.
These measurements will allow us to see how much the armor adds to your body measurements, how your armor fits, and how to correctly size your vest.
Trace the outline of front and back armor panels. Remove armor from its external or concealable carrier and trace just the ballistic portion of the panel on a large piece of paper. Specify front and back along with the officer’s name and department.
Mail tracing to:
PO Box 899
Bonners Ferry, ID 83805
Two pieces of loop Velcro are included with your vest to cover both pieces of side-closure hook Velcro during washing and rinsing. Hand wash your vest, or machine wash it on a gentle cycle, using cold water and a mild detergent. Do not use chlorine bleach. Do not iron your vest or dry it in a dryer; either of these actions could cause the fabric and webbing of your vest to shrink. Instead, it should hang or lay flat to dry.While drying, open the pocket flaps to straighten and stretch them. Square up the pocket fronts and corners. Ideally, the fabric should dry smooth and flat. When a thorough washing is not required, an air compressor works well for removing dust or dried mud. Feel free to call if you have any questions or concerns regarding the care of your vest.